This topic describes how to install the SQLite Persistence Manager on Solaris for use with the GemFire native client.
The productDir directory refers to the path to the native client product directory.
The following libraries must be present in the runtime linking path:
- libSqLiteImpl.so is provided in productDir/lib, so it is already present in the runtime linking path.
- libsqlite3.so is the SQLite Library. You need to create this library and make available in the runtime linking path, or copied to productDir/lib, as described below.
Pivotal GemFire Native Client has been tested with SQLite version 184.108.40.206.
Downloading, Building, and Installing the Library
You create the SQLite database library by downloading the latest .zip file and compiling the source code.
- Download the source code sqlite-autoconf-NNNNNNN.tar.gz file (where NNNNNNN corresponds to the version) for SQLite version 220.127.116.11 or later from http://www.sqlite.org/download.html.
- Update your PATH environment
variable to include the location of the Solaris ar command.
- Extract the source code from the
.tar.gz file. First unzip:
gzip -d sqlite-autoconf-3071401.tar.gzThen untar the file:
tar -xvf sqlite-autoconf-3071401.tar
- Change directories to the
extracted source files, and follow the install instructions located in the
- Run the
configure command for 32-bit or 64-bit Solaris
systems with the following options, all entered on a single command
line. Change the --prefix directory specification
to the location where you want the libraries:
CC=cc CFLAGS="-xarch=v8plus -code=pic32" ./configure --prefix=/desired_binary_location/sqlite-binaries
CC=cc CFLAGS="-xarch=v9 -code=pic32" ./configure --prefix=/desired_binary_location/sqlite-binaries CFLAGS="-m64"
- Run gmake install. The libraries will be available in the sqlite-binaries directory that you specified.
- Run the configure command for 32-bit or 64-bit Solaris systems with the following options, all entered on a single command line. Change the --prefix directory specification to the location where you want the libraries:
- Copy /desired_binary_location/sqlite-binaries/lib/libsqlite3.so file to productDir/lib.